So you are thinking about signing up for one of our Ultra Comedy events. Here's some information to answer some of the common frequently asked questions.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE LIMIT?
The minimum age required is 18. Everyone who wishes to attend the events must also be over 18.
WHAT WILL TRAINING BE LIKE?
Training will give you all the skills you will need for your stand-up performance. There will be approximately 2 session a week and will be weekday evenings or weekends.
WHO DO I CONTACT FOR HELP OR ADVICE?
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us via:
- Your area representative.
- Contact us via email at email@example.com
- Message us on Facebook.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF ME?
You are expected to commit to 8 weeks training and attend as many of the sessions as possible. We want you to:
- Work hard & enjoy yourself.
- Use the ‘I am taking part in Ultra Comedy’ Facebook cover image.
- Pledge to raise a minimum of £50 for Cancer Research UK via a JustGiving page
- Sell tickets to friends and family (this can be standard, VIP or a combination).
WHAT WILL THE EVENT BE LIKE?
The event will be an organised, well run and glamorous event for your friends and family to enjoy. All eyes will be on you as you take to the stage with your new material!
I'VE SIGNED UP, WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- You will receive a confirmation text and email from us inviting you to join a Facebook group. Please make sure you join this group as information will be posted in there across the 8 weeks.
- Cancer Research UK will email you with details of your Just Giving page.
- You will receive a text from your area rep within 14 days of signing up.
- We will invite you along to a registration meeting where we will give you all of the information about the process and give you chance to ask any questions.
- Training starts!
HOW DO I SET UP JUSTGIVING?
When you sign up you will receive an email from Cancer Research UK with details of your Just Giving page. If you do not get this email, here’s how to set up your page.
- Click this link to our JustGiving page
- Click ‘see all events’
- Find your event on the right, click ‘view event details’
- Click ‘fundraise for this charity’
- You will then be prompted to make an account. You can either use your Facebook account or your email. Once it’s created you can then start sharing your page. If you get a company to support you they also donate to this account.
If you need any fundraising support, please email us.
CAN I ORDER ANY MATERIALS TO HELP WITH MY FUNDRAISING, LIKE COLLECTION BUCKETS?
Yes absolutely, we are more than happy to provide you with materials that will support your fundraising. Please order online.
HOW DO I GET TICKETS?
Standard tickets are £25 each. VIP tables of 10 can be reserved with a £150 deposit. There are only a limited number available and they always sell out.
Tickets can be bought from your area representative or on Ultra Tickets.
WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE?
The dress code on the night is smart casual. No sportswear or scruffs.